If you live in Toronto you’ve surely seen your share of big window air conditioners adorning the windows above shops and in apartments all over the place. They don’t look great, and many people don’t know what alternative they have. Window air conditioners cool down rooms, but not entire apartments or houses. They just don’t have the power or controllability that a ductless air conditioning system does. Here a 6 reasons to ditch your window air conditioner and invest in a ductless air conditioning system.
Ductless Air Conditioning Is Better Because
- It’s Cost-Efficient – ENERGY STAR® rated mini split air conditioning systems are incredibly efficient. As technology continues to improve efficiency will continue to follow suit. Energy-efficiency translates into big savings on your energy bill. Window air conditioners use much more energy if they’re trying to cool the same amount of space as a ductless air conditioning system. Their installation is also very inefficient as they’re not normally airtight in the window they reside in.
- Quiet – Ductless air conditioners can be so quiet you won’t even know they’re running until you feel the cool air breeze over your body. Window units are loud and get much louder as they get older, which means sleeping with one in your bedroom can be very challenging.
- Safety – By design a window air conditioning requires you to leave your window open. This means that at any time someone could remove it and enter your home or apartment. Ductless AC systems don’t require the use of windows to be installed or to operate.
- Easier Operation – Window units need to be installed and uninstalled twice a year to accommodate for the weather. That’s if they’re being used properly. They also need to be turned on and off whenever you need to use them. Ductless air conditioners only need to be installed once and can be programmed to turn on and off as you need them to, just like central air conditioning.
- Air Quality – Ductless air conditioners filter the air in your home, which allows them to improve the air quality by removing dust and other airborne particles. Window units don’t properly filter the air and their poorly sealed installation can actually let airborne pollutants and allergens into your home.
- Added Value – If you’re trying to sell you home a window air conditioner is hardly a selling feature, it’s actually a deterrent. Homebuyers look for features that make their lives more convenient, and a ductless air conditioning system certainly does that.
Mini Split Systems Are Better
Window unit might work and provide the cooling that you need, but ductless air conditioning systems are a much better option for these reasons and so many more. The list could go on. When you’re ready to take the next step and properly cool your home, a ductless air conditioning system is a great choice. For more information contact a Phoenix Heating & Cooling Toronto HVAC technician: 647-243-3570